In my initial consultation with Trish O’Brien, the following parameters were established:
- The new business was going to launch in 5 months time.
- The website needed to grow with the business.
- The website, however, needed to create an image of a trustworthy business.
- In an industry where trust drives growth, the website needed to meet the expectations of its audience groups.
- Trish already had a logo design concept that she wanted to use.
- Outline content was also provided to give guidelines on the development of the structure of the site.
Based on the content and the requirements of the business, we decided to create a one page, vertically scrolling website to showcase a logical flow of information from the homepage to the contact section on the website.
The main site navigation was kept simple and logical to aid the flow of information from the website to the site visitor.
We went on to develop a concept website for O’Brien Governance Design after getting approval for the design of the site. The actual development phase was completed within 1 week and there was plenty of time for Trish to start using the website before launching it in October 2016.
From the outset of our discussions, I found Amit to be interested in the type of business that I was developing. There was a clear sense that he was invested in ensuring that the website was appropriate to the business and reflected well on O’Brien / Governance Design, but also on XAVA as a website development company. In terms of process, I found working with XAVA to follow a very clear path. Stages and dates were established which identified my responsibilities to articulate preferences and provide draft text, and those of XAVA in providing sample sites for review and building drafts of the chosen website design. Once the website was established, Amit provided me with comprehensive training which was recorded and made available in video format for future reference. XAVA is now hosting the website annually. I have no doubt that I could contact Amit at any point if issues arose with the site and he would prioritise addressing them.
- Website design & development
- Website management