Dublin Web Summit Day 2 – Morning Session
Speaker list at http://www.websummit.net/digital-stage-schedule/
Joanna Lord VP Growth Marketing at SEOMoz talked about delivering value from the Sales funnel
- Businesses need evangelists
- Today people are social consumers
- Tackle the Why question – why did you start a business? Highlight that story so people can connect with you and buy into your philosophy straight away – trigger the emotional response.
- It is important to thank people – personalise the thank you message – Form a connection with the consumer.
- “We dont just want lead but loyalty and engagement with customers” @JoannaLord #websummit
- Content should create engagement encouraging people to take the online offline
- Lets build offline communities to reinforce our online offerings
- Great story about engagement from @carolineghosn on how she used TaskRabbit to comfort a friend across the US after a bereavement #websummit
- Lets facilitate the offline reflections of our product on our teams internally, especially across engineering and business functions
- Trained history teacher turned marketeer
- His lecturer told him not to believe anything that was taught during the 4 year degree program
- History is told differently depending on where you are
- “We rely on people to help us make our choices + social media encourages that sharing of opinion” @basvandenbeld #websummit
- Google uses G+ to influence search results based on people and connections in your G+ account (Every gmail user is a G+ user)
- How indirect apps like Hootsuite affect social media interactions
- Seems to me that the direction of modern business is in engagement, micro-conversions and appealing to peoples emotions-so nothings changed really but the #socialmedia enables engagement and we want to use it.
- Have you ever been worried that ur computer is going to die and you will lose your memories-Summary of @mbaratz at#digital stage #websummit
Topics for discussion
- Is offloading your memories to technology and trusting it remember things for you – Good or bad? #websummit@mbaratz
- Do you rely on recommendation sites for your choices? Which opinions carry weight for you? Your friends or random strangers?
- What do you think of this article? ow.ly/ezrEY #digital#websummit